It’s exciting to roll into the weight loss studio for your first HCG injection and demonstration. You are psyched to start shaking loose those 1-2 pounds a day, and hey 2 days of gorging isn’t so bad either! Then comes days 3-7, the adjustment period of the program, where you may experience some hunger, fatigue, and dieters remorse. It’s so important during those first few days to stay motivated and not bite your partners head clean off their shoulders for eating a slice of pizza in the same house as you. You can do it! Here are a few tips that will make it a bit more tolerable:
1. Stay very strict on the diet ~ any sugar indulgence will send your insulin levels into a tizzy and cause you to have more noticeable hunger.
2. Keep gum out of your gorgeous mouth! The artificial sweeteners used in gum are notorious for igniting near crushing sugar/carb cravings
3. Drink at least 3 cups of green tea per day. Not only do the catechins protect you from cancer, it speeds up the metabolism and suppresses the appetite. Your energy slump could also get a beating by this powerful antioxidant.
4. Do not go easy on the water! Minimum of 2 liters should be hitting your belly during the day. It fills you up, flushes toxins, and boosts energy. By the time you are thirsty ~you are already dehydrated.
5. Add B12 injections once or twice a week to boost your energy levels. If 9-14 lbs of fat loss in the first week is just not enough for ya, add Lipotropics to your B12 to enable fat metabolism to occur more efficiently.
6. Exercise is not mandatory on this program, so reserve your energy the first week. There is something to be said about not using up your glycogen stores!
Keep in mind the first week is the hardest as you acclimate to the diet and HCG. The results are absolutely worth it. Stick to it and you will start to feel a sense of wellbeing before you know it. If you have any questions about the protocol, recipes, or want to know if something is on the list of things you can eat, please call your physician or nurse and let them be your support!